Third Line Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Salary: GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum + benefits
Start date: tbc
Contract type: Permanent
You know your stuff when it comes to third line support. You're the go to in the business for those complex issues that 2nd line just couldn't quite resolve. You might be happy where you are but you want an opportunity to demonstrate the extent of your knowledge, you want exposure to a larger and more challenging environment.
Here you will join a busy third line team and take ownership for all issues being escalated from the second line.
You'll need to have experience with Windows Servers at a third line level. You will also help to maintain the application deployment mechanisms for PCs/Servers via SCCM so any exposure to this would be great. Ideally you'll have worked with Active Directory and group policies. It'd be a beneift if you had exposure or an interest in powershell and/or SQL. The business also use Macafee ePO so ideally you will have worked with this before so you can help the business ensure they are getting the most from their package.
In return you'll join a business who put a huge emphasis on training. They have budgets that managers are encouraged to spend so if there's any accreditations or training that you are interested in, this is a great chance to join a business who can support you though those.
* Provide 3rd line support for the Helpdesk, resolving primarily network related issues within SLA targets and engaging with 3rd party suppliers to ensure quick resolution of faults
* Review and implement Service Packs / Updates to key network components
* Act as a mentor to other members of the team working with the IT Service Delivery Manager to create and monitor training and development plans
* Enhance skills / knowledge within 1st/2nd line team offering advice / training where applicable
* Update and maintain knowledge base of PC / server related articles
* Perform proactive maintenance of network related devices in accordance with relevant governance, as required
* Minimize the risk of security breaches within the network environment
* Maintain the application deployment mechanism for PCs / Servers (SCCM)
* Be able to cover other roles within the team during periods of holidays / sickness
* Keep up to date with the latest developments within IT
Role: Third Line Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: Up to £35,000
Location: Remote initially (ideally one day in office) then Leighton Buzzard
Shifts: Shift patterns cover either 08:00-16:30 or 9:30-18:00. Saturday morning shift is required approximately every 6 weeks. On-call shift required approximately once every 5-6 weeks on a rota basis. Covers weekday evenings from 6pm to 11pm and weekends and Bank Holidays from 8am to 4pm.
For further information about the role, please contact:
Eloise Dugmore📞 01789 269677
✉ Email me