Service Desk Manager
Salary: GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum + pension + career development
Start date: asap
Contract type: Permanent
Expanding, leading UK Internet Service Provider are seeking a Service Desk Manager to head up the busy service desk team as the company continue through significant growth. The Service Desk Manager is required to manage, motivate and drive the 1st and 2nd Line Teams ensuring that SRs are responded to and managed appropriately within a structured customer service environment. The successful Service Desk Manager will own KPIs for their area of operation and will provide regular reports on performance.
This is a senior position within a rapidly growing business so communication internally is also highly important. You will assist the technical services manager with planning and committing of resources within the team as well as communicating effectively within the service support team and with account managers to ensure the very best service is delivered to thousands of customers.
Working within an ITIL structured working environment the service desk manager will be responsible for training the team and reviewing individual staff performance. You will also provide regular and ad-hoc performance reports to the business.
Service desk manager experience:
* Experience in the telecommunications industry. The client would consider candidates from IT organisations with experience of telecoms.
* Experience of working in busy technical service desk environment either in a Senior Operative or Team Lead role
* Hands on experience with a service desk or helpdesk software
* Confident in acting as a team member to inspire and motivate.
* Must be self motivated and able to address issues as they arise, needs to be able to own the issue and escalate accordingly. Will make decisions in line with best practice and via consultation with the senior members of the business.
This role opens itself up to someone looking for that next step in their career and moving from a senior position within a service desk team, or someone in a similar managerial position who is interested in joining a rapidly growing telecommunications organisation.
All vacancies are exclusive to Big Red and should you feel you meet the criteria and you are interested in the vacancy being listed please apply ASAP through this job posting as we have interview times available!
For further information about the role, please contact:
James McLaughlin📞 01789 269 677
✉ Email me