Salary: Competitive + Excellent package
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent
Do you want to gain experience with Automated Testing? Are you enthusiastic, driven and client lead? A Software Test Analyst is required in Solihull to join a growing and fast-paced agile technology business as they continue to deliver their cutting edge product. You will work within a SCRUM team and gain end to end project exposure as you liaise with clients, the project delivery team and senior consultants to agree deliverables, scope and acceptance criteria.
You will undertake both Manual and Automated Testing using the latest technology such as Jemmy, JUnit and Cucumber (previous experience not required) as you work with clients to increase their use and adoption of automated test tools.
ROLE: Software Test Analyst
LOCATION: Solihull, West Midlands commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Rugby, Stratford-upon-Avon, Redditch, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Evesham, Worcester, Droitwich Spa, Leicester, Atherstone, Stafford
SALARY:Competitive salary + bonus and package (please get in touch to discuss)
- Liaise with clients, the project delivery team and senior business consultants to agree test deliverables, scope and acceptance criteria.
- Plan, prepare and execute functional, integration, and regression testing scripts
- Work with the test team to provide robust and reusable manual and automated test coverage to all client projects.
- Accurately estimate testing effort required to assure a quality deliverable for acceptance testing.
- Identify patterns in defects across all clients, including analysis of bugs and the root cause by taking ownership to address the issue
- Contribute to quality metrics across all PSL testing activities including test process improvement
SKILLS REQUIRED (not all essential)
- Strong experience in different phases of testing (e.g. Sprint, System, Integration, User Acceptance)
- Testing techniques used to plan and execute software tests of all application components (functional and non-functional) to verify that the software satisfies specified requirements and to detect errors
- Financial Services applications (Mortgages / Savings)
- People manager skills: Managed competencies and reviews for personal development
- Good verbal reasoning and concise writing skills with an attention to detail
- Exposure to Agile and the Atlassian Jira toolset
- Knowledge of Test Management and Defect Management test tools
- Experience of automated test suites such as Selenium, Cucumber or Unified Functional Testing
- Exposure to some specific technical testing tools would be desirable: Jemmy, Junit, JMeter
As an employer of choice, naturally the business provides a training budget for the team along with regular nights out and a fantastic working environment.
Big Red is recruiting exclusively for this role so please send your CV today or call 01789 269677 and ask for Pete Felton.
Key words: Test analyst, tester, white box, whitebox, white-box, black box, blackbox, black-box, functional testing, non-functional testing, manual testing, automated testing, test scripts, test data, test conditions, UAT, user acceptance testing, unit testing, SQL testing, agile, test cases, testing, Quality assurance, QA Analyst, automated test, junior test analyst, graduate tester, graduate test analyst
For further information about the role, please contact:
Pete Felton📞 01789 269 677
✉ Email me