Network Engineer / Network Administrator
Salary: GBP30000 - GBP36000 per annum + salary increments
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent
Do you want to work in a fast paced, professional environment? A market leading, global brand is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Network Engineer / Network Administrator to join the company with a clear development plan in place.
ROLE: Network Engineer / Network Administrator
SALARY: £30,000 - £36,000 with training and an excellent package including (salary increments, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, death in service benefit, eye tests, bike to work scheme)
Within this role your time will be split between network support and projects where you will liaise with suppliers, vendors and other internal IT departments. A broad knowledge of networks and systems will be highly beneficial as you will be contacted about a variety of IT issues. You will need to have experience of network administration, testing and configuration of changes to networks, switches, testing of firewall rule changes and the flexibility to move between environments.
- Proven network administration experience in a business environment
- Experience of providing first, second and third line support
-Install, maintain, and configure routers, firewalls, switches and WAN optimisers
-Experience patching and installing structured cabling
- Experience in planning network upgrades and new network deployments
- Knowledge of testing and maintenance of LAN switches and configuration of HP switches
- Knowledge of testing firewall rules and making changes
- Knowledge of MPLS networks would be highly desirable
- Experience with TCP/IP Routing
- An understanding and experience of Wireless LANs
- Experience of supporting third party suppliers and vendor management
- Ability to identify, develop, track and manage business requirements and take responsibility of business critical issues
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Constantly question and manage expectations
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritise tasks within a changing environment
-An awareness of PCI DSS
-Ideally be working towards or achieved CCNA or equivalent
Interview dates are reserved for the end of September and beginning of October.
Big Red Recruitment partner their clients to provide both contract and permanent recruitment solutions on an exclusive basis. To hear more about our live vacancies please look us up on LinkedIn or contact the team who will only be too happy to help.
For further information about the role, please contact:
Emily Cumming📞 01789 269 677
✉ Email me