Software Tester - learn automated testing
Salary: GBP30000 - GBP36000 per annum + 25 days hol + flexi working + 5% pension
Start date: asap
Contract type: Permanent
Are you a strong manual Tester who wants to learn automation?
Are you Tester with some automation experience who wants to own an environment and run a small team?
If you're itching to be the big cheese in a test environment, this is the role for you! You'll be comfortable with your own skills and able to work under your own steam as you take on the testing processes for a growing global business in Nottingham.
This is a rare opening to learn automated testing, with a genuine opportunity to make changes to a test environment and bring ideas to the operations team regarding the testing within the 150 person software house. You will focus on integrating testing best practice within an Agile software development environment by designing, implementing and managing the test conditions, scripts and controls. You will be carrying out testing throughout the project lifecycle whilst creating testing documentation including test plans, user cases and issue logs.
* Strong manual testing experience (automated testing experience beneficial, commercial or in your own time but this is an area you will learn on the job).
* The ability to coordinate functional, user acceptance and performing testing of solutions to demonstrate fitness for purpose prior to implementation.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
* Demonstrate good communication skills including, written, oral and presentation skills.
* Good time management skills to multi task on complex overlapping activities.
* Ability to communicate well with a broad range of people at many levels both within and external to the organisation.
This role is suitable for an individual with a pragmatic outlook that understands the wider needs of the organisation. This is an ideal opportunity for a confident tester to expand their experience into test management whilst continuing in a hands on delivery role.
Send your CV through this advert to apply, or call the office for an informal chat.
For further information about the role, please contact:
James McLaughlin📞 01789 269 677
✉ Email me